The Sheriff’s Office has a ride along program that puts citizens in a squad car out on patrol. Citizens can get a first-hand look at the challenges Deputies face each day and hopefully come away with a better understanding of the services we provide.
Ride along participants only act as observers. They do not perform any law enforcement work that the Deputy would normally do. They do not wear a uniform or badge, operate a squad car, handle department equipment or weapons or complete any official paperwork.
If you would like to ride along with a Deputy, you must submit a written request using the form below. Please keep in mind the following:
Shift times are as follows:
1st shift 6:00 AM - 2:00 PM 2nd Shift 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM 3rd shift 10:00 PM - 6:00 AM
Rides alongs can be between 4 and 8 hours long. Please provide your preferred shift and time. You will be contacted within 5-7 business days from receipt of your request.
- Participants must be approved by the Sheriff, Chief Deputy or Captain
- Participants must be appropriately dressed, and dressed for the weather
- Participant will report to shift commander on the assigned date and will carry identification on them.
- No weapons are allowed on the ride along
- Participants will fill out a waiver of liability form prior to the ride. Waiver forms for persons under l8 will be co-signed by parents and these signatures will be verified prior to the ride.
For your safety and protection, the hosting Deputy may end a ride along shift if at any time. If a dangerous circumstance should arise, you may be dropped off at a safe location and picked up after the situation has been deemed safe again.