Deputy Crystal Venegas was selected in 2017 as Deputy Friendly for the Racine County Sheriff’s Office. Deputy Friendly Crystal Venegas attends community events and visits the schools of Racine County to educate children on a variety of safety topics and the importance of making good choices throughout their lives. Deputy Friendly encourages students to become familiar with the local law enforcement officers within their community and work together to build a positive relationship. Deputy Friendly works with students ages 4k-12th grade.
Deputy Friendly’s objectives are:
- To provide students with the opportunity to develop an intelligent understanding of his or her rights, responsibilities and obligations as a junior citizen.
- To establish a link between students of our communities and uniformed Law Enforcement Officers.
- To develop a respectful image of the Sheriff’s Office in the minds of students.
- To provide a role model that is looked up to with respect.
Deputy Friendly teaches students safety tips on the following topics:
- Interacting with Law enforcement
- Cyber bullying
- What to do if you are lost
- Calling 911
- Stranger danger / Stranger awareness
- Internet safety
- Gun safety
- Personal safety
Deputy Friendly also participates in the following:
- Bicycle Rodeos
- Handing out Bicycle helmets at the Racine County Fair on Kids Day
- Burlington Safety Town
- Tobacco Abatement Program
- Handing out Easter baskets at local hospitals and shelters with the Easter Bunny
- National Night Out
- Holiday Parades
If you are interested in having Deputy Friendly, Deputy Crystal Venegas attend your community event or school, please email her at email@example.com.
Each year, Deputy Friendly hosts an annual golf outing to raise money to purchase materials and handouts for the Deputy Friendly Program. The 6th Annual Deputy Friendly Golf Outing is on June 29th 2019. If you are interested in participating or contributing, please contact Deputy Friendly, Deputy Crystal Venegas at firstname.lastname@example.org.