The Real Property Lister is responsible for the County’s real property listing and associated assessment functions supplying parcel based land information to both land information professionals and to the general public.
It also reviews parcel mapping activities, acts as a repository for the County Surveyor files and works with the Wisconsin Department of Revenue and Administration.
Duties of the lister (per Wis. Stats. Ch. 70.09):
- Prepare and maintain accurate ownership and description information for all parcels of real property in the County. This may include:
- Parcel Numbers
- Owners name and an accurate legal description as shown on the latest records of the office of the Register of Deeds
- Owners mailing address
- Number of acres in the parcel if it contains more that one acre
- School district and special purpose district codes
- Provide information on parcels of real property in the County for the use of taxation district assessors, City, Village, and Town Clerks and/or Treasurers, County Officials, and any other persons requiring that information.
- To serve as the coordinator between the County and the taxation districts in the County for assessment and taxation purposes.
- To provide computer services related to assessment and taxation for the Assessors, Clerks and Treasurers of the taxation districts in the County; including, but not limited to, data entry for the assessment roll, notice of assessments, summary reports, tax roll and tax bills.
Staff Contact Information:
|Kimberly Christman||Real Property Lister - GIS Manager||Kimberly.Christman@racinecounty.com|
|Emily Szabo||Land Description Analyst - GIS Technician||Emily.Szabo@racinecounty.com|