Family Child Care certification establishes standards for individuals that want to provide child care in their own home.
Certification is available for family child care providers who are not required to be licensed, but who wish to care for fewer than 3 children under 7 years of age.
Being certified, you are able to provide care for Wisconsin Shares subsidized children, you may participate in the child and adult food program, and get parent referrals from the Child Care Resource and Referral Agency.
Requirements for Certification
- Attend a Child Care Certification Orientation Offered Monthly
- Application packet ($35 fee)
- Tuberculosis (TB) Test
- Background Check/Fingerprinting Requirement
- Young Star Participation to Accept WI Shares
- Site Visit
- Introduction to Child Care Profession (Module A)
- Fundamentals of Family Child Care
- Infant/Child CPR
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Shaken Baby Syndrome (SBS)