- To learn more about subsidized housing and other programs please call 262-636-3405 or visit the Housing Authority of Racine County webpage.
- The US Department of Housing and Urban Development provides rental assistance, buying a home and more. Visit their webpage: HUD.
- Homeless Assistance Leadership Organization The Homeless Assistance Leadership Organization, Inc. (HALO) is a 120 bed emergency shelter located at 2000 DeKoven Avenue in Racine, WI. HALO meets emergency shelter needs for all men, women and children who are experiencing homelessness, coordinates supportive services that help homeless adults become self-sufficient, provides community leadership to prevent chronic homelessness and ensures children get positive support through stable living and learning environments. HALO also leases 20 independent apartments in Racine for families transitioning from homelessness to independence. Learn more by visiting their webpage HALO.
- Emergency Assistance is designed to assist families with minor children meet their immediate needs facing a current emergency. The emergency must be due to fire, flood, natural disaster, energy crisis, homelessness or impending homelessness. This program is administered by Rescare Workforce Services. You may apply in person for this program at:
Rescare Workforce Services
1717 Taylor Ave, Racine WI
Open: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
- To find child care Call 4 C For Children at 1-800-300-5999 or visit them at Child Care Resources.
- For a list of community resources visit the University of Wisconsin Extension web page.
- Additional resources may be found by dialing 211 or visit their webpage Impact 2-1-1.