The Racine County Alcohol and Drug Treatment Court is a cooperative effort by the following agencies:
- NJM Management Services
- Racine County Behavioral Health Services
- Racine County Circuit Courts
- Racine County District Attorney’s Office
- Racine County Executive's Office
- Racine County Sheriff’s Office
- State Public Defender’s Office
- Wisconsin Probation and Parole
It is funded by Racine County, a TAD grant from the State of Wisconsin and community donations.
The mission of this specialty court is to improve public safety by providing more intense supervision and services to convicted non-violent alcohol and/or drug offenders with a goal of increasing the quality of both personal and family life for Racine County residents/community.
- To reduce recidivism and relapse to alcohol and drug use for offenders, and
- To improve the functioning of offenders with alcohol and drug use/abuse issues, and
- To improve utilization of community resources.
The Treatment Court identifies individuals in need of alcohol and drug treatment resulting from a conviction for drug possession or other alcohol/drug related offenses. Potential participants are identified and placed in the program as a condition of a court-imposed sentence resulting from a negotiated plea agreement.
Treatment Center Documents
Jennifer Hofmeister, Coordinator – 262-632-1780